London, United Kingdom, March 18, 2021 – Allegis Global Solutions (AGS), the leading provider of global workforce solutions, and HR Grapevine, the leading online publisher for HR professionals, have released a joint report on The Shape of Talent Acquisition Across Europe 2021. Based on survey data gathered from senior talent acquisition (TA) and human resources (HR) practitioners in late 2020, the report explores TA priorities and capabilities, as well as hiring trends and opportunities across Europe.
Survey questions covered key areas of challenge and change shaping TA today. These areas include strategic transformation, data and analytics, use of technology, management of talent communities, employer branding and candidate experience, and recruitment process outsourcing.
“The pandemic presented unique challenges for many talent and HR leaders, so we wanted to explore how companies were adapting,” says AGS’ Executive Director of Operations in EMEA Cat Halliwell. “We found that TA and HR leaders are being called up to deliver greater strategic value but are still challenged with how to utilise data best, improve their focus on diversity, deliver a great candidate experience and drive digital transformation across the function.”
Highlighted findings from the report include:
• Growing Self-Confidence: Two-thirds of TA and HR decision-makers describe their function as better performing compared to 12 months prior — when almost 50% saw significant room to improve.
• A Need for Data-Driven Intelligence: Over 60% believe they could use data to deliver better insight.
• The Growing Power of the Employer Brand: Responses reflect a year-on-year improvement in the curation and deployment of a company’s brand in hiring. Over 70% believe their brand is working to attract talent. Respondents view improving the candidate experience as a key to an effective employer brand.
• Potential Technology Shortfalls: Despite pandemic-enforced changes to digital models, very few functions are enabled by best-in-class technology. Dissatisfaction with hiring technology is dropping, but 70% are still not using best-in-class technology today.
• An Emphasis on Talent Communities: Over half of TA functions foster an active community of talent to engage workers across social networks and digital platforms, diversify recruitment and overcome hiring hurdles.
• A Focus on Transformation and External Partnership: Seven in 10 respondents are looking into continued transformation for their practice. Increasingly, they work with external partners to deliver on this goal.
This appetite for transformation is what Halliwell believes TA functions must embrace as they look beyond pandemic disruption. “Regardless of the unique adaptations that were needed to continue to hire and onboard during 2020, this shouldn’t be a one-time event. TA functions should hold a rolling strategic roadmap that plans for ongoing step changes in customer experience, process enhancements, technology advancements and data optimisation. A workforce solutions expert like AGS can help,” she says.
AGS and HR Grapevine collected survey responses from over 400 TA and HR practitioners with operations in EMEA across a diverse mix of industries and company sizes. The report is available for download here: https://learn.allegisglobalsolutions.com/en-gb/shape-of-talent-acquisition-in-europe-2021.
Phone: + 44 1344 382 112
As the global leader in workforce solutions, Allegis Global Solutions (AGS) helps companies transform their people into a competitive advantage. With services in 100+ countries, our teams design workforces built for impact by delivering award-winning capabilities in managed service provider (MSP), services procurement, direct sourcing, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), consulting and The Universal Workforce Model™ framework. AGS is an Allegis Group company. Learn more at AllegisGlobalSolutions.com and follow @Allegis-Global-Solutions on LinkedIn.